Workplace Tours is a service that connects employers to students in Hamilton. Employers invite students into their organization and allow them to tour their facilities and various departments. These tours provide students the opportunity to explore different sectors and occupations – which benefits organizations to attract future employees.
Enlighten your students to the vast career opportunities by scheduling a workplace tour. These tours not only provide your students with insight but it also supports your curriculum-based activities.
Tours benefit your students by:
- Allowing them to explore workplaces within various economic sectors
- Exposing them to a variety of careers so they can reach their personal and economic goals
- Showing them the skills they need to realize their career goals
- Encouraging students to stay in school and steer them towards a wide range of courses
- Demonstrating the relevance of their current studies to their future lives and careers
- Connecting them with businesses within Hamilton
You can utilize this service to compliment cross-curricular activities. To book a workplace tour, please contact us at email@example.com or 905.529.4483 ext. 222 or simply fill out this online form and we will make all of the arrangements. Please note, we request a minimum of 3-weeks’ notice to coordinate a tour for your class.
Prepare for your future workforce now by showcasing the variety of career opportunities to young people who are currently exploring and navigating their career path.
Volunteering in this program is easy. You specify the number of times you are interested in opening your doors to our students and we coordinate these tours with our local educators.
Becoming an IEC workplace host:
- Introduces the various careers within your organization
- Presents your organization to youth as an employer of choice
- Creates interest in your economic sector
- Shows the community that your organization is socially responsible
To register your organization as a community workplace tour partner, please contact IEC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.529.4483 ext. 222 and we will walk you through the process and customize your involvement.