Hamilton Code Clubs
We are on a mission - to create a spark of interest by introducing students to software coding. How will we achieve this? By engaging our local Information Communication Technology (ICT) community and encouraging them to volunteer their time to run lunch time or after school clubs, in partnership with our local school boards.
- Equip students with an introductory foundation in software programming
- Assist students in connecting the dots to the role math, science and technology play in this thriving industry
- Encourage continued educational achievement past high school
- Expose students to viable career opportunities within the ICT sector
- Build self-confidence through comfort of taking risks and making mistakes
Hamilton Code Club is supported by an ABACUS grant from the Hamilton Community Foundation. ABACUS aims to increase post-secondary access by focusing on children in the middle-school years.
We are excited to partner with: Economic Development Hamilton, Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, Hamilton Public Library, Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board, Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board, McMaster University, Mohawk College, Redeemer University, Social Planning and Research Council, Software Hamilton, and the local ICT community.