New program start date is May 2017. Apply now
‘Employer Skills Training Advantage To Employment’
The Shop Technician diagnoses problems, performs repairs and provides preventative maintenance service on material handling equipment in a Liftow branch location.
- Performs repairs and services on various types of material handling equipment and its components including forklifts, stackers, electric carts, electric tow trucks, transporters.
- Performs preventive maintenance at prescribed intervals of time and repairs on various types of material handling equipment including forklifts, stackers, electric carts, electric tow trucks, transporters.
- use of grinders, drill presses, air compressors, and common hand and power tools.
- Uses instruction manuals and wiring diagrams to diagnose components, and electrical wiring.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education & Work Experience
High school completion or equivalent education proficiency and/or 1-3 year’s experience as an auto, forklift, heavy equipment or truck and coach mechanic OR certified auto or heavy equipment mechanic. Experience repairing Toyota machines preferred.
CNG license preferred
A valid driver’s license and S6 propane license are required.
Power Lift Truck License (PLT) is preferred.
Competencies and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems of battery and engine powered material handling equipment
- Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic principles
- Knowledge of the use of hand tools and measuring devices
- Knowledge of the use of electrical/electronic diagnostic tools/measurements
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced and changing environment
A Shop Technician will work in a shop environment and would be exposed to varying temperatures and subjected to dust, dirt, grease and noise levels ranging from moderate to loud. Frequently works in a crouched position or on back lying on mechanic’s dolly beneath motor vehicle equipment.
Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.
NEW skills development & employment ‘ESTATE’ Program http://www.iechamilton.ca/estate-1