Prom Project Hamilton
Prom Project Hamilton (PPH) is a one day, two site location event that was created by the HWDSB Foundation to assist students in need with formal wear for their proms, graduations, formals and other special events so they can attend their events feeling stylish, confident and proud. Prom Project Hamilton does not require any proof of financial need, and promotes a positive and inclusive environment, created to support those students with formal needs who may choose not to attend their special event because of financial challenges. All items are new or gently used from the private and business communities and are free of charge to all clients. All clients are treated with respect, dignity and are assisted by volunteers who are dedicated to supporting students and making the experience an impactful journey towards their upcoming milestone event.
Proudly Sponsored by Johnson Insurance Inc. http://www.johnson.ca
Johnson has been delivering high quality home and auto insurance to Canadians for more than 130 years. Today they are one of the country’s leading and fastest growing providers of insurance products and benefits. Their success is a direct result of their focus on doing what’s right for their customers and employees. Call now for your quote. Home + Auto Insurance 1-855-572-0225 FREE or visit http://www.johnson.ca/MORE
If you are a student who could use this program, please join us…
Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sir Allan MacNab Secondary School (145 Magnolia Drive, Hamilton)
- Delta Secondary School (1284 Main Street East, Hamilton)
What’s available to visiting students?
- Female Formal Wear – Gowns, Dresses, Skirts / Tops
- Male Formal Wear – Suits, Dress Shirts, Vests, Dress Pants, Ties
- Accessories, shoes, jewellry, shawls, purses, hygiene products
- Hairstylists, Dry Cleaners, Flower shops vouchers
On-site: People there applying make-up and showing make-up tips and demonstrating fun up-dos.
Seamstresses: To help combat minor fitting problems, seamstresses are recruited for the day to do on-site alterations for the outfits.
To drop off your new or gently used donations, please visit:
- Grover Dental Care, 11 Rebecca Street #110
- Eva Rothwell Resource Centre, 460 Wentworth Street North
- Delta Secondary School, 1284 Main Street East
- Brokerlink, 78 Queenston Road
- Apple Tree Health and Wellness, 409 Charlton Ave West
- Vogue Models & Talent Mgmt, 136 Locke Street South, 2nd Floor
- Coldwell Banker Pinnacle Real Estate, 318 Dundurn Street South
- Allegra Print and Imaging, 255 York Boulevard
- Grover Dental Care, 1 Hayden Street
- Coldwell Banker Pinnacle Real Estate, 775 Upper Wentworth Street
- MacNab Secondary School, 145 Magnolia Drive
- Royal Lepage State Realty, 987 Rymal Road East
- Grover Dental Care, 723 Rymal Road West, Suite
- Keekee & Rose, 5 Mill St. South, Waterdown
If you would like to donate, but have nothing left in the closet, please consider making a donation to the program by printing this donor card and sending to the Foundation Office or by an online donation.
Volunteering at Prom Project Hamilton
This program depends on volunteers to help us recruit the items needed, to assist with cash donations to run the program and to be there at one of the two sites to run the day and make it as special as possible for our visiting students. Learn more about Prom Project Hamilton Volunteers.